Our insurance lawyers will take the time to understand the details of your specific case, rigorously review your insurance policy, and provide our honest opinion of the potential outcomes. We will provide you with clear advice and we will work tirelessly to obtain the best possible settlement for you.
If you have suffered a loss and have an insurance claim, we can help guide you through the claims process. If your claim has been denied, we can help you challenge that decision and obtain the benefits available under your policy of disability insurance, business interruption insurance, life insurance or home insurance. Through skillful negotiation, we are often able to resolve insurance disputes quickly without the need for trial.
Our team of experienced insurance lawyers can help you with:
- Life insurance and disability insurance claims
- Fire insurance claims
- Commercial host liability
- Interpreting policies
- Co-insurance and fraud issues on property claims
- Overlapping coverage and contribution issues between primary, excess and umbrella coverage
- Liability assignments involving complex multi-party litigation, class actions, professional errors and omissions claims, and excess/out-of-province auto claims
Insurance claims are based in contract, so it is important that we review all the documents in question as soon as possible. Most insurance claims have strict deadlines within which you must accomplish certain tasks. Some of these deadlines are quite short. Delay in reporting or perfecting the claim could lead to a legitimate denial of the claim. Contact us immediately if you think you have a claim.