Since 1973, North Shore Law has been dedicated to providing the highest standards of service. We’ve established strong roots in our community and built enduring relationships all across the Greater Vancouver area. We’ve earned our good reputation by going the distance for our clients.
We are currently seeking an intermediate LAA to join our Insurance Defence department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain limitation and bring forward system and ensure that lawyers are aware of all approaching court and limitation dates in a timely manner;
- Draft routine correspondence and documentation;
- Arrange and assemble court filings;
- Set court dates, discovery examinations, mediations, application hearings, etc.;
- Input client and case data into case management software;
- Assist with processing invoices for payment;
- Filing, organizing, scanning, copying and faxing correspondence and legal documents;
- Other general administrative tasks as required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in insurance defence
- Excellent spoken English, written composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills
- Strong working knowledge of the Rules of Court and procedure
- Multitasking skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational/document management skills with an outstanding attention to detail
- Certificate from of a recognized LAA program or several years’ experience
The additional qualifications would be an asset to the incumbent:
- Experience using Worldox, ACL, and PC Law
We recognize the importance of family and achieving a healthy work-life balance. We value hard work and dedication, which is rewarded by offering educational opportunities, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
If you are interested in learning more, apply in confidence to Elana MacKenzie, Administrator