Since 1973, North Shore Law has been dedicated to providing the highest standards of service. We’ve established strong roots in our community and built enduring relationships all across the Greater Vancouver area. We’ve earned our good reputation by going the distance for our clients.
We are currently seeking a hybrid paralegal or an intermediate legal administrative assistant to join our family law department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafting correspondence
- Drafting pleadings, financial statements and lists of documents
- Knowledge and experience drafting agreements
- Filing pleadings and documents with the Registry via agents or CSO
- Preparing for hearings and trials in both Provincial and Supreme Court
- Corresponding with clients and opposing counsel to schedule meetings, court dates, and mediations
- Maintaining a BF system
- File openings and closings
- Other general administrative tasks as required
- Paralegal or LAA certificate from a recognized and accredited program or several years’ experience working in family law
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in family law with a working knowledge of the Supreme Court Family Rules and Family Law Act
- Excellent spoken English, written composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and prioritize tasks
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems
The additional qualifications would be an asset to the incumbent:
- Experience using Worldox, PC Law, DivorceMate, and Excel
We recognize the importance of family and achieving a healthy work-life balance. We value hard work and dedication, which is rewarded by offering educational opportunities, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
If you are interested in learning more, apply in confidence to Elana MacKenzie, Administrator