For Assistance Contact:
- Penaz Mehta
- JD, University of Ottawa (2019)
- MA, York University (2015)
- BA, Queen’s University (2013)
- Bar Admission, British Columbia (2020)
- Professional Associations
- Firm News
As a family lawyer, Katherine Lam helps people navigate periods of change in their lives and relationships. She provides attentive, results-driven advice as an associate in North Shore Law’s experienced family practice group.
Katherine advises clients in all aspects of separation, including parenting plans and coordination, child support, spousal support, and the division of assets. She provides clients with a range of legal services, from drafting cohabitation or separation agreements to preparing for and attending court or mediation. She always keeps client interests in mind as she works to resolve their disputes efficiently and secure the best possible outcome for her clients and their loved ones.
Katherine articled at a large regional firm in Vancouver before joining North Shore Law in 2021. While at law school, she was an editor of the Ottawa Law Review. Katherine volunteered with the West Coast Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF), where she provided educational workshops on legal issues affecting teens. She also mentored other law students through the Ottawa Chapter of the Women’s Legal Mentorship Program (WLMP).
Katherine grew up on the West Side of Vancouver and attended Crofton House School. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, skiing, tennis, travelling, and connecting with friends and family.
- CBABC sections:
- Member, Family Law– Vancouver Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Women Lawyers Forum, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Young Lawyers – Lower Mainland Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)